Since its creation, the electric bicycle has been liked and favored by more and more people due to its low-carbon and environmental protection, convenience and speed advantages. After purchasing an e-bike, many people often do not maintain it properly or use it correctly, which greatly reduces the service life of the e-bike. The maintenance and proper use of e-bikes are crucial to prolong the life of e-bikes and enhance the safety of e-bikes when they are used. Today GHstore, a famous electric bicycle service provider, will give you some 21 tips on the daily maintenance and use of electric bicycles, hope it will help you.
1.The height of the saddle and handlebars should be adjusted before using the electric bicycle to ensure the comfort of riding and reduce fatigue. The height of the saddle and handlebars should vary from person to person, generally the height of the saddle is suitable for the rider to be able to land reliably on one foot (electric bicycle should basically remain upright), and the height of the handlebars is suitable for the rider to put the small arm flat and relax the shoulder and arm. However, the adjustment of the saddle and handlebars should first ensure that the insertion depth of the overtube and the riser must be higher than the safety marker.
2. The front and rear brakes should be checked and adjusted before using the electric bicycle. The front brake is controlled by the right brake handle and the rear brake is controlled by the left brake handle. The front and rear brakes should be adjusted in such a way that the left and right brake handles can be reliably braked when they reach half of the stroke; if the brake skin is excessively worn, it should be replaced in time.
3. Check the tightness of the chain before the electric bicycle is used. If the chain is too tight, the pedal will be hard to ride, and if it is too loose, it will easily chatter and touch other parts. The drape of the chain is 1-2mm, which can be adjusted appropriately when riding without pedals. When adjusting the chain, loosen the rear wheel nut first, adjust the chain tightness by evenly screwing in and out the chain adjusting screws, then tighten the rear wheel nut again.
4. Check the lubrication of the chain before using the electric bicycle. Feel and observe whether the chain shaft is flexible and whether the rust of the chain link is serious. If the rust or rotation is not flexible, you should add the right amount of lubricant, and replace the chain if it is serious.
5. Before riding the electric bicycle, check whether the tire pressure, handlebar steering flexibility, front and rear wheel rotation flexibility, electric circuit, battery power, motor working condition and lights, horn, fasteners, etc. meet the requirements of use.
- Insufficient tire pressure will increase the friction between the tires and the road, thus shortening the range; it will also reduce the flexibility of handlebar rotation, affecting the comfort and safety of riding. Insufficient air pressure should be supplemented in a timely manner, and the tire pressure should be in accordance with the recommended air pressure in the "Electric Bicycle Instruction Manual" or the air pressure specified on the tire surface.
- If the handlebars are not flexible and have stagnation, stiffness or tightness, they should be lubricated or adjusted in time. For lubrication, use grease, calcium or lithium-based grease; for adjustment, loosen the fork lock, rotate the fork upper gear, and lock the fork lock after the handlebar rotation flexibility reaches the requirement.
- Poor flexibility of front and rear wheel rotation will increase the friction of rotation, increase the power consumption, thus reducing the range. Therefore, once the failure should be timely lubrication and maintenance repair, lubrication generally use grease, calcium or lithium-based grease; if the axle skin failure, you can replace the steel ball or axle skin, if the motor failure should be to the professional maintenance unit repair.
- circuit check, open the power switch, check whether the circuit is open, whether the plug is plugged firmly and reliably, whether the fuse works normally, especially the battery output terminal and the cable connection is firm and reliable. The fault should be eliminated in time.
- Before traveling, check the battery power, and judge whether the battery power is sufficient according to the mileage of travel. If the power is not sufficient, it should be properly supplemented by human riding to avoid the battery working under voltage.
- The working condition of the motor should also be checked before the trip. Start the motor and adjust its speed, observe and listen to the operation of the motor, and if there are any abnormalities, it should be repaired in time.
- Electric bicycles should be checked before use lights, horns, etc., especially for night travel. The headlight should be bright and the beam should generally fall in a range of 5-10 meters in front of the front of the vehicle; the horn should sound loud and not hoarse; the turn signal should flash normally, the steering indication should be normal and the flashing frequency of the light should be 75-80 times/minute; the instrument display should be normal.
- Before traveling, check whether the main fasteners are tightened, such as the fasteners of the handlebar tube, handlebar riser, saddle seat, saddle tube, front wheel, rear wheel, central axle, locking mother, footrest, etc. should not be loose, if the fasteners are loose or fall off, they should be tightened or replaced in time. The recommended force distance of each fastener is generally 18N.m for the cross tube, riser tube, saddle, saddle tube, front wheel and footpegs, and 30N.m for the middle axle and rear wheel.
6. Don't use zero start (i.e. start in place), especially in heavy and uphill places. When starting, you should ride with electric power assist (moped) first, and then switch to electric driving when a certain speed is reached, or use electric driving directly. This is because when starting, the motor must first overcome the static friction, when the current is larger, close to even reach the resistance current, so that the battery high current work, accelerate the battery damage.
7. Electric bicycle riding as far as possible to use human assist or electric power assist mode, especially uphill, heavy, windy driving or road bumpy must be electric power assist. In this way, the battery can be discharged for a long time with high current, which will damage the battery and help to improve the range of a charge and extend the service life of the battery.
8. Electric bicycle does not adapt to bumpy or steep slope (generally should be ≤ 10 °) of the road. If you encounter such roads, you should drive slowly or get off and push. When driving on such roads, the working environment of the motor, controller and battery will be poor, which will reduce the service life and be easily damaged.
9. Avoid frequent braking and starting when driving an electric bicycle, brake before or at the same time should return the speed control handle, and try to use human power to ride in the area of road congestion. In this way, you can avoid the damage to the battery caused by the high current when starting.
10. The standard load of an electric bicycle is generally 120 kg, and overloading should be avoided as much as possible. If you are overloaded, you should use a human-powered ride and a human-assisted ride.
11. Cold weather use of electric bicycle, should try to human-assisted or electric-assisted driving; and should also pay attention to the battery power and voltage indication, general cold weather, should be appropriate to reduce the depth of discharge of the battery, do not under-voltage state driving. This is because the battery's charge capacity and discharge capacity are reduced in cold weather.
12. Electric bicycle is not afraid of rain and snow. However, the height of the water level should not exceed the lower edge of the electric wheel hub bearing seat when wading through standing water to prevent damage caused by water in the motor. After riding in rain and snow, it should be wiped clean as soon as possible; if the electrical parts are soaked in water, they should also be dried with a hair dryer. To avoid causing iron corrosion and circuit leakage, short circuit and other faults.
13. Rain and snow riding, driving speed should be properly reduced, braking attention to increase the braking distance, to prevent sideslip and turnaround, etc., so as not to endanger personal safety.
14. Electric bicycle should avoid prolonged sun exposure, storage should be placed in the shade. Sunlight exposure will accelerate the aging of paint, plastic parts, rubber parts and electronic components, reducing their service life and reliability.
15. When charging the battery, use the charger of the matching or manufacturer's specified model, do not mix; when charging, the battery and charger should be located in a ventilated and cool place, placed properly, away from flammable and explosive materials, avoid high temperature, humidity and water shower, prohibit covering with objects, and prohibit infants and children from contacting. When charging, you should first confirm that the grid voltage and frequency meet the requirements of the charger, then connect the battery to the charger output and the charger input to the grid; after charging is complete, first disconnect the grid and then disconnect the charger from the battery. Battery charging generally takes 6-10 hours.
16. The battery should stop using when it reaches the state of undervoltage, and charge it early, prohibit the use of the battery's rebound voltage, prohibit the battery from deep discharge and over discharge, and preferably charge it as it is used, so that it is always in the state of abundant power. It is recommended to charge every 1-2 days.
17. The battery should be stored in a cool, moderate air humidity place, the battery should be kept upright; long time storage should be fully charged first and should be regularly replenished, generally charged once a month. If it is a lead-acid battery stored for a long time, you can add a few drops of distilled water to offset the evaporation of water and reduce the sulfation of the pole plate. If conditions allow, it is recommended to buy lithium battery electric bicycle with better performance and safety.
18. First-time users of electric bicycles should read the "Instruction Manual" carefully to understand the performance of the electric bicycle. Don't lend your e-bike to someone who can't operate it.
19. Mental patients, alcoholics and other disabled people who are not suitable for riding are prohibited from using electric bicycles; heart disease, epilepsy and color blind people should be careful when riding.
20. Electric bicycles are non-motorized, and should obey traffic rules when riding, and drive in non-motorized lanes or local lanes.
21. Electric bicycles should be stored in a cool, ventilated, dry place away from corrosive liquids and gases; stored upright with adequate tire pressure; no heavy loads on the body; and batteries should be stored separately.